Skip to main content

Rhyno

I recently created a new visual identity for my own design work, Rhyno follows on from the logo I launched with the name just over a year ago, assigned a study project to craft an identity to sell my skills through I settled on Rhyno.









I've been happy with the name and the soft, darkened tone of purple ever since yet the logotype never appealed to me all that much, seen below it shows how I edited the type and incorporated a tusk into the bowl of the R. Using Gotham as my typeface, I felt it represented a modern clean style, and the tusk in the letter R was a nice quirky way of tying the logotype back to the name.


The new logo came about after I started to develop my website, needing a favicon icon for my site, the existing logo simply wouldn't be visible at the typical 16 x 16 favicon size. Therefore I began to come up with ideas for an icon of my own, again incorporating a visual representation of a Rhino to tie in with the Rhyno name. Seen below is the new logotype set in Baskerville, which I think represents the heritage of Stoke on Trent which is something I wanted to reflect in my design, whilst also incorporating the new symbol logo acting as a period on the logotype.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EE Rebranding Process

UK mobile phone operators Orange and T-Mobile who merged to become Everything Everywhere, later simplified their name to EE. As of 2016, EE is soaring in profits, seeing a 10% increase to over £6.5bn in revenue in the three years from 2010 to 2013. More recently EE was purchased by the UK communication giant British Telecom Group more commonly known as BT. The success of EE’s new status as a highly successful mobile phone operator is underpinned by that of their successful rebranding strategy. This sentence itself is a relative contradiction as from the two years that followed from 2010, when Orange and T-Mobile merged the company traded under the brand name ‘Everything Everywhere’ this didn’t appear to catch on, rollout of this brand was slow, and to many people Orange and T-Mobile were trading exactly as they always have. Small trial concept Everything Everywhere stores were launched and the predicted feedback came back that the company was struggling to get the new bran

The Anemones

The packaging was developed to suit to the appeal of a younger generation using bright, contrasting colours to create a lasting impact and one that will stand out from the other toys on the shelf. The window design is a unique element, representing bubbles underwater these windows allow the younger target market to see into the packaging and view their chosen Anemone! It was important that the characters developed for the project were instantly likeable and contained similarities that allowed them to be different whilst also maintaining the same design style, through the use of shape and colour to connect them thematically. The two main characters developed; Woodle and Yoodle are both are designed with large round eyes and large grinning mouth to reflect the friendly, funny nature of the harmless sea creatures.

Chronology

For my final major project, I developed a brand identity for a theme park, called Chronology based in Stoke-on-Trent. Materials produced in association with this concept include tickets and vouchers alongside a range of promotional print such as leaflets and guides. In addition to these developed products I produced a vertical wall poster displaying a general advertisement for the Chronology theme park / attraction. I looked at ways I could reach my target market through the development of a mobile app, and an interface that can link the park real time with the application. I developed concepts for the Exhibition Space including to scale representations of the artwork I would include. I wanted to give the Exhibition Space a theme so I thought of different textures of wallpaper to use and the inclusion of lighting. The logo was crafted from drawing done by hand. I wanted something that looked handwritten and at the same time incorpor