Skip to main content

X Files Relaunch Poster

























In 2016 X Files was relaunched, to tie in with the relaunch a post was created to represent the new series in a new light. The poster includes the star cast members,  FBI special agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson), it is clear that time has passed since the original run of the series but their distinct look is still present. The inclusion of the X is an important design element of the poster that ties the design together quite well. The lense flair is a good way of representing the alien presence style that is eminent throughout the entire series runs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhyno

I recently created a new visual identity for my own design work, Rhyno follows on from the logo I launched with the name just over a year ago, assigned a study project to craft an identity to sell my skills through I settled on Rhyno. I've been happy with the name and the soft, darkened tone of purple ever since yet the logotype never appealed to me all that much, seen below it shows how I edited the type and incorporated a tusk into the bowl of the R. Using Gotham as my typeface, I felt it represented a modern clean style, and the tusk in the letter R was a nice quirky way of tying the logotype back to the name. The new logo came about after I started to develop my website, needing a favicon icon for my site, the existing logo simply wouldn't be visible at the typical 16 x 16 favicon size. Therefore I began to come up with ideas for an icon of my own, again incorporating a visual representation of a Rhino to tie in with the Rhyno name. Seen below is the new l...

Emirates AIR LINE

Whilst in London I took the opportunity to ride the Emirates Air Line, constructed for the London 2012 Olympics the cable car system consists of a station from the O2 Peninsula to the Royal Victoria Dock. What immediately struck me from this is the way the Emirates brand is incorporated into the branding for Transport for London. The 'Air Line' section of the logo is contained within the typical TfL roundel image, used throughout the entire transport network be it the Underground, Buses or DLR. I liked how the branding and colour ways for Emirates are present throughout but not overpowering the TfL branding. I think this is important because customers of the TfL network will want to connect with consistent typography, symbols and motifs whilst using different colour allows the network to differentiate it's formats of travel and route whilst retaining the same shape and type. A signage system followed throughout the TfL network sees simple and...

Jurassic Park Leaflet

This Jurassic Park Leaflet was designed to represent the park as if it was a real world attraction, with adverts from sponsors of the film, this adds an addition sense of real world value against what we know to be fiction.   The leaflet is clearly of a 1990's design featuring nice hand drawn illustrations of the Jurassic Park gates set against the images of the island itself. The overall look is quite clean but retains the jungle approach to the leaflet and theme of Jurassic Park. I believe that they might have used too much body copy throughout the piece given that the point size of the type is quite small however I see that they have tried to include different languages and include all information possible. They style of the leaflet is very similar to that of generic tourist destination leaflets in that it includes plenty of images and shots of the features of Jurassic Park however surprisingly there is no images of the dinosaurs the...